- Training is held after school on Wednesday afternoons at the grass pitch.
- Training finishes at 15.30.
- Athletes should bring appropriate running gear i.e. tracksuit bottoms and good runners. They may change before attending training.
- Athletes should bring extra water on training and race days.
- If it is raining heavily on a Wednesday morning Athletics will be cancelled.
- If rain continues throughout the day please assume that athletics will also be cancelled
- In the event of unexpected rain or showers Athletics will be held in PC10 (Ms. Tisdall's room) for a team meeting and fitness work.
- A poster will be displayed at the gate of the school in the event of cancellation.
- Attendance is very important as fitness is key to athletics. Notes are also give to children at training. It is important to receive each note as they give race details and maps.
Info from Fingal Primary School Athletics League:
- The 2013/2013 Athletics League begins in October
- The aim of this league is to increase the number of children running in organised athletics races and to introduce those children to local athletics clubs.
- There are two leagues - Blanchardstown and North County Dublin coordinated by the Fingal Sports Office.
- There will be three races in the league with a Finals Day combining both leagues in Morton Stadium.
- Each school enters one league; whichever is closest to them.
- The league caters for children from 3rd to 6th class.
- The first 15 runners to cross the line score points for their school
- The ethos of the league is based on participation and every child can run as part of their school team.
- Approximate distances: 3rd:250m, 4th:350m, 5th:450m, 6th:550m.
- Distances will be continually monitored and are subject to change of deemed necessary.
- Races will only be cancelled if pitches are called off by Park Superintendent, the course is deemed unsafe by the event coordinator and/or if less than 50% of the participating schools decide to attend.
23rd October at Balheary Park, Swords at 10.45
27th of November at Balheary Park, Sword at 10.45
23rd of April at Balheary Park, Swords at 10.45
21st of May Finals Day at Morton Stadium at 10.15